Orthopaedic Physiotherapy Services
Physiotherapy services at Dynamic Focus Physiotherapy is individualized and specific to meet your rehabilitation and recovery needs. My goal is to provide you with personalized, advance, hands-on, evidence-based physiotherapy treatment.
Through a thorough assessment, I determine the root cause of your injury.
Goals of the assessment:
- Determine the cause and degree of your injury.
- Establish individualized treatment goals.
- Determine your treatment plan.
- Initiate your treatment through education, initial home exercises and may include some manual therapy.
Your follow up appointment is scheduled based on your treatment plan and goals to best facilitate your rehabilitation and recovery needs.
Goals of the treatment:
- Facilitate healing
- Optimize your Range of motion and mobility
- Maximize your functional strength
- Provide you with a home exercise program to optimize your functional return to activity.
Lorenda successfully completed the PORi (Physiological Oncology Rehabilitation Institute) Certificate in Foundation in Oncology Rehabilitation and Breast Cancer Rehabilitation Therapist certification in Denver CO.
As an oncology rehabilitation therapist I can provide oncology specific treatment for patients currently undergoing and who have undergone treatment for breast cancer. The treatment protocol is suitable for patients post-lumpectomy, mastectomy, reconstructive surgery and following both chemotherapy and radiation.
Initial Assessment: (Can be booked pre or post surgery)
All treatment sessions are one on one in a private treatment room.
- Determine the phase of cancer treatment and your current treatment plan.
- Review your physician's specific protocol.
- Establish individualized, patient centred rehabilitation goals.
- Objective testing like range of motion, functional ability, mobility testing and physical testing to establish a functional baseline.
- Promote tissue healing through all phases.
- Assist the lymphatic system.
- Decrease scar tissue fibrosis
- Minimize swelling, inflammation and pain.
- Improve functional range of motion.
- Maximize mobility.
- Optimize and maintain your function during and after treatment.
- Improve your independence and quality of life.
The core treatment consists of unique manual therapy techniques to address the lymphatic system, musculoskeletal system and nervous system.
Progression through treatment will incorporate light exercises and stretches to enhance the effectiveness of the manual therapy.
An understanding of the unique effect of cancer and cancer treatment on the body, combined with knowledge of exercise physiology are carefully considered when prescribing and progressing your exercise program. Exercises are initially performed in the clinic and progressed to a home exercise program.